Monday, November 3, 2008

Sod's Law

Before I get started on my long vent, I'll define Sod's Law (also known as Murphy's Law) for all you souls lucky enough not to be familiar with it. The evil thing that shall not be named is an old adage stating that if something can go wrong, it will. And believe me darlings it does...in a big way.

Sod first cursed me a year and a half ago when I was in Europe. The Houses of Parliament closed to tours the day before I came to London. When I was in Geneva, the jet d'eau was turned off. I constantly got on busses going the wrong direction. So on and so forth. Some of you may think this is just idiocy on my part, but I guarantee you this is not the case. Sod hates me.

Sod apparantly thinks, moreover, that he hasn't tortured me enough. Here I was tonight, trying to start a blog, and that evil being rears his head again. My camera was out of batteries. I took AAs out of another appliance and those were dead too. I get some from a friend and those died in the 24 seconds when I was deleting pictures off of my full memory card. No one else has any batteries to spare. See my point??? Evil, evil Sod has cursed me! I had such a lovely post planed for you! Now I have to wait until tomorrow!

So in the meantime, while you are waiting for my scintillating post, go read up on Sod's Law. Knowledge is power and forewarned is forearmed. Plus, the wonders of hypertext can keep you entertained for hours.

No comments: