Thursday, November 13, 2008

I think I need a dog because I've taken to petting my fabric...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! Last weekend my mom bought me a few pieces of Heather Bailey's Pop Garden collection on sale. She got me the red/blue/green zig-zag stripe and the red/blue/green daisy print. Naturally, I was so excited to have those that I just had to go on ebay and buy a few more prints to go with it. I ended up with these two beauties. I adore the red. It makes a statement to say the least.

Also naturally, I had to buy some of the Fresh Cut collection so I could combine shipping and save money. I am a college student. I am nothing if not economical...;)


The package came today and let me tell you, the fabrics are BEAUTIFUL. I have spent and embarrassing amount of time folding them and refolding them, petting them and arranging and rearanging them. I have shown them off to a large amount of people who have no idea who Heather Bailey is and really couldn't care less that she has lovely collections (that's the beauty of dorm life, there's always someone around to harass). I really can't wait to dive in and make something with them.


I think I'm going to use this giant log cabin pattern for the Fresh Cut fabrics. It is designed specifically to showcase large print fabrics and will really show them off. Plus, I love the scalloped edge. I've never done a 'fancy' edge before and I'm excited to give it a try. I'm going to have to do a bit more shopping (what a pity) to get enough yardage for this one. There's a purple jellybean print in the Fresh Cut line that I think would work really well. I also like the teal stencil print. Its a bit darker than my other choices, so I think it will really pop.

I haven't really decided what to do with the Pop Garden pieces yet. I'm definately thinking something simple and geometrical. Large pieces too I think...I'll have to do some searching and see what I can come up with. I have quite a few things to finish before I can get to that though!

No comments: