Friday, February 20, 2009

Fabric Friday


So I'm starting something new today. At the beginning of the month I put myself on a soft-fabric buying freeze. My stash bin is almost full, I have a lot of fabric to work with, I don't need to buy more right now. As all quilters know, however, that sure as shooting doesn't mean that I don't want to buy more fabric. I REALLY want to buy more. Have you seen Good Folks? So gorgeous! And what about the fabrics that are rapidly disappearing? I really want more Katie Jump Rope (even though I have some that I haven't used yet) before its gone for good.

So, in a hopefully-not-futile attempt to circumvent my shopping, I'm going to pick three pieces of fabric every week that I love and post about them here. That way I'll get to go window-shopping (so to speak) and hopefully I won't have as much of an urge to buy. I'm not sure I have much faith in this method, but lets try it anyways. It will be fun!

This week I did my "window shopping" at the Sew Mama Sew store. My first pick is this adorable circus print from Anna Griffin's Riley line (The picture of this one is pretty crappy. Its remarkably hard to find good images of it online). I love how playful it is. Its a perfect focus fabric for a kid's quilt. Plus, it would be a great fabric to use for stash busting. It has so many colors that all the complementary fabrics could be easily pulled in from lots of different lines already in your stash!


Pick number two is my favorite of the bunch this week. Its an Alexander Henry print called Charleston Turquoise. I want it sooooo much. Teal is my favorite color, and I can think of half a dozen ways to use this beauty. My favorite part about it though is the movement in the fabric. I love the curls and the lines moving in different directions. Its vibrant and fun and would look fabulous in big or small pieces.


My third pick--as an homage to my mother--is a sale fabric. Sales just make everything better! This is a Jessica Jones design for Michael Miller Fabrics, and I'm just in love. Its printed on canvas and I have visions of tote bags dancing through my head. Its cute and chic and modern and urban and yet still folksy and whimsical. It would make a perfect market bag!!


So there we are...my weekly window shopping. I still want to buy stuff though...:(

1 comment:

Margaret said...

"My third pick--as an homage to my mother--is a sale fabric"

HAHA!